A 4500 watt inverter generator gives you enough power to run your RV with built in AC, emergency appliances during a power outage at home, a wide range of tools on the job site, and even help run a food-truck.
Nearly every RV owner, camper, and tailgater either has or wants a generator. However, it goes without saying that everyone hopes that their 4500 watt generator will be both powerful and quiet.
4500 watt inverter generators use cutting-edge technology to reduce noise and fuel consumption while maintaining a competitive pricing point.
What can a 4500 watt inverter generator run? One of the main reasons people need a 4000–4500-watt inverter generator is to run a 13500 – 15,000 BTU air conditioner in their RV. A 4500 watt inverter generator can run more than an AC.
Don’t have time, just want to know what is the best 4500-watt inverter generator?
According to our review Champion 200988 3500 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generator is the best 4,500 watt portable generator money can buy.
When we say “4500 watt generator,” we’re talking about a generator with the capacity to generate 4,000 watts of surge power. Running watts will be different depending on the make and type, but we’ve found that the typical range is between 3700 and 4000 watts.
Don’t try to power your entire home off of this generator; you’ll need more than its 4500 watts to do it.
Most of these 4500 watt inverter generators are very quiet and portable with sturdy wheels and user-friendly grips, making them suitable for transport by people of any age. Some of them have dual fuel and remote start options.
In this article, we’ll take a look at 5 of the best and quietest 4500 watt generator for the money on the market and compare them to one another so you can get a better feel for what to expect from each. At this time, we cannot find a Honda 4500 watt inverter generator.
All Rounder: Champion 200988 3500 / 4500-v Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
Best for The Money: WEN DF450i 4500-Watt
Top 5 Best 4500-Watt Inverter Generator for Rv and Home
Model & Features
Champion 200988 4500-Watt Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
WEN DF450i Quiet Portable Inverter Generator Dual Fuel
DUROMAX XP4500IH Inverter Generator Dual Fuel
Yamaha EF4500ISE 4500 Watt Inverter Generator
- GENKINS 4500 Watt Portable Inverter Generator Gas Powered
- Cummins Onan P4500I Inverter Portable Generator
- Powerhorse Inverter Generator – 4500 Surge Watts, 3500 Rated Watts
Best 4500 Watt Inverter Generator – Detailed Review
1. Champion 200988 3500 / 4500-v Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator w/ Quiet Technology
The Champion 200988 4500 watt inverter generator offers power and versatility with its 120V and dual-fuel technology. When gasoline-powered, it has 3500W running and 4500W peak wattage. It has 3150 rated watts and 4500 peak watts when running on propane.
With a noise level of 61, this 4500 watt inverter generator is enough for RV and home and can be started with either a standard pull-start mechanism or an electric starter. To start your champion 4500 watt dual fuel inverter generator with ease and convenience, all you need to do is turn the EZ Start Dial.
The champion 4500-watt inverter generator can run for up to 14 hours on a single tank of gasoline and has a fuel capacity of 2.3 gallons. It can run on for up to 21 hours if you use propane (20 lbs. propane tank).
2. Westinghouse Igen4500DF 4500 Watt Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
The Westinghouse iGen4500 is a high-quality dual-fuel, low thd generator that can run two air conditioners in a recreational vehicle or camper. Among the 4500-watt generators presented, this is the best 4500-watt inverter generator.
At 52 dB the Westinghouse igen4500df is also the quietest 4500 watt inverter generator on the list. This generator has a 120V 30A (TT-30R) outlet designed for use with recreational vehicles, electric start with the push of a button, a telescoping handle for portability, and rear wheels for convenience. It consumes only 4.5 gallons of fuel per hour while running and 40.5 gallons per hour at peak power. It will be able to use either propane or gasoline as its fuel source.
When using the iGen4500 Dual Fuel 4500 watt inverter generator, you can rest assured that your laptop, TV, tablet, or cell phone will continue to function normally even though they are powered by more delicate electronics.
The iGen4500 Dual Fuel’s key fob remote start lets you power up the inverter generator 4500 watts from inside your house or recreational vehicle. A Push Button Start button is also accessible from the control panel.
There are also overload and low oil indicators, as well as electric output and fuel level. This iGen4500 4500 watt inverter generator with remote start complies with CARB requirements.
3. WEN DF450i Super Quiet Dual Fuel RV-Ready 4500-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
The WEN DF450i’s 120V output and powerful, flexible design are the result of its dual-fuel technology. The wen 4500 w inverter generator Its gasoline engine provides 3,500W of continuous power and 4,500W of peak power. It has 3,150 rated watts and 4,500 watts when run on propane.
Automatically switching between liquid petroleum gas (LPG) and gasoline (gasoline) is now possible with WEN’s Auto Fuel Selection technology. Therefore, if a properly sized propane tank is connected to the generator, LPG will be used instead of gasoline. Without a connected propane tank or insufficient LPG, the generator will switch to gasoline for fuel.
This 4500 watt inverter generator starts up with a standard pull-start mechanism and has a low noise level (58 dBA).
The DF450i 4500 watt generator can run for about 8.5 hours at 50% load on a full tank of gasoline, thanks to its 2.2-gallon fuel capacity. Propane fuel allows for about 9 hours of use.
4. DUROMAX XP4500IH 3600 / 4500 Watt Inverter Generator Dual Fuel
The DuroMax XP4500iH runs on gasoline or propane and can produce 3,600W continuously and 4,500W starting on gas and on propane and produces 3,420 continuous watts and 4,275 starting watts.
Switch on demand is a feature of DuroMax 4500-watt generators that lets you switch between propane and gasoline or gasoline and propane while the generator is already running.
The inverter generator has a 65 dBA noise level, making it only slightly louder than background music. It has both a traditional pull-start mechanism and a sleek electric starter. Plus, the XP4500iH can be remotely turned on/off, providing you with even more flexibility (key fob included).
With a 2.64 gallon fuel capacity, the XP4500iH can operate for up to 16 hours on a single tank of gas. You can get up to 19 hours if you use propane. Thanks to the XP4500iH’s low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) of 3%, you can safely plug in your sensitive gadgets into wall outlets.
5. Yamaha EF4500ISE 4500 Watt Inverter Generator
The Yamaha EF4500iSE operates on gasoline, provides a continuous output of 4,000W, and has a peak output of 4,500W.
This inverter generator starts up quickly and easily with the help of an electric starter, and it has a low noise level (58 dBA).
Yamaha’s Smart Throttle technology is embedded into this generator. Automatically adjusting the engine speed to the current load improves fuel economy and lowers noise levels. The EF4500iSE has a maximum runtime of 15.2 hours on a full tank (4.5 gallons).
The EF4500iSE produces a pure sine wave with a Total Harmonic Distortion of less than 3%, making it safe to use with sensitive devices.
4500 Watt Generator Inverter – Buying Guide
Follow the following guides for choosing the best 4500 watt inverter generator for RV or home.
- Portable – Most people can get by with just a portable generator unless they need to power many large appliances in a large home. They usually come on a housing frame with wheels, making them convenient for relocation or stowage. A stationary generator can’t compare to the portability and cost-effectiveness of a portable generator.
- Electric start – Look for a generator with an electric start if you’d rather not use the more archaic method of pulling a string to get it going. It will take much more time and energy to get a recoil starter going in a severe climate, but these will get going much more quickly.
- Automatic low-oil shut off – The generator’s motor is safeguarded by an automatic shutoff function activated when oil levels in the reservoir fall below a certain threshold. These days, this is a typical inclusion on most contemporary portable units. It’s not inexpensive or easy to keep up a generator. Don’t waste your money by ignoring regular maintenance and adequate operation.
- Fuel Gauge – A fuel gauge is a must-have safety element to prevent being stranded without light because you misjudged your fuel needs. Instead of having to guess how much further you can go without refueling, a fuel gauge displays the current fuel level in the tank.
To sum up, any of the above 4500-watt inverter generators is a quiet and compact portable inverter generator especially useful for:
- RVers who value their independence and freedom on the road.
- People who occasionally attend sporting events, outdoor concerts, and other types of festivals held outside.
- Individuals who own homes and wish to ensure access to emergency electronics in the event of a power outage.
- People who enjoy going on trips that involve camping or tailgating and need a way to charge their devices.