- Wattage (Gas): 2,050 W / 1,800 W
- THD: < 25%
- Noise Level: Unspecified
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: Unspecified
- Run Time@ 50% load: 10.5 h
- Weight: 84 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Generac GP1800 is made with a gasoline-powered Generac OHV 4-stroke engine that is 163 cc. With a 120V output, it has a running wattage of 1,800W and a peak wattage of 2,050W. This generator has a simple pull-start mechanism that has been used for a long time. With a full tank, the GP1800 can run for about 10.5 hours at 0.5 load (using about 0.33 GPH of fuel). This is because it has a 3.5-gallon fuel capacity. The GP1800 can’t be used to power sensitive electronics because its THD is quite high (25%).
The control panel has the following two AC outlets: duplex 120V 20A (5-20R).
The generator has a built-in fuel gauge that makes it quick, easy, and convenient to check how much gas is in it.When it comes to safety, this product has a circuit breaker for overheating and an automatic shut-off for low oil, so you can use it without any worries.Generac included a funnel in the GP1800’s packaging, along with the usual paperwork and owner’s manual to get you up and running right away.
The Generac GP1800 has a traditional, open frame design with dimensions of L22.8 in x W16.8 in x H17.3 in, This gives the generator stability and makes it possible to raise it above ground level.The generator is built to work well outside and in rough places.The GP1800’s dry weight of 84 pounds lets you take it anywhere you need to.Also, the open frame makes it very easy to grab the frame and move it.
We could find any videos of the product at the time of writing. Please search YouTube for any update.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Generac-5981-GP1800 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|163 cc Generac OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|Steel, 3.5 gal
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|22.8 x 16.8 x 17.3 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
Founded in 1959, Generac Power Systems is an American manufacturer of power tools and generators.Generac’s primary business is, as its name implies, the manufacture of power generators as well as other electrically related products like switches, paralleling systems, and tiny engines.The corporation has multiple US-based production facilities, thus its goods are produced there.The company, however, doesn’t disclose where the components they use were made.
The warranty for the Generac GP1800 lasts for up to 2 years.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Generac’s warranty policies can tell you more about how long generators are covered by warranty.You can also call their customer service line at 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).