- Wattage (Gas): 1,000 W / 900 W
- THD: < 5%
- Noise Level: 65 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: Unspecified
- Run Time@ 50% load: 8 h
- Weight: 35 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Ryobi RYi1000 has a 54 cc Ryobi OHV 4-stroke engine that puts out 120V, uses gasoline, and puts out 900W while running and 1,000W at its most powerful. The noise level of the inverter generator is set at 65 dBA (a little louder than background music). It uses a simple, traditional pull-start mechanism to get going. With a full tank, the RYi1000 can run for about 8 hours at 0.5 load (using about 0.08 GPH of fuel). This is because it has a 0.6 gallon fuel tank. The RYi1000 makes a clean sine wave with a Total Harmonic Distortion of 5%, so it’s safe to plug sensitive electronics into an AC outlet (THD).
On the control panel, there is a 120V 15A (5-15R) receptacle for an AC outlet.
Some lights let you know right away if the generator doesn’t have enough oil, if it’s ready to go, or if it’s too busy.When it comes to safety, this product has a circuit breaker for overheating and an automatic shut-off for low oil, so you can use it without any worries.The Ryobi RYi1000 comes with the standard paperwork and an owner’s manual, which will help you get started quickly.It also comes with the following accessories: oil and funnel.
Since the Ryobi RYi1000 is an inverter generator, its enclosed design (L19.8 x W12 x H19.4 in) looks better than a traditional open frame product.The design fits with what’s popular now and is perfect for generating power for fun.The RYi1000 can be thought of as a lightweight and portable generator because it only weighs 35 pounds.A single person should be able to move it around easily and get power wherever they go.Its case has a handle that makes it easy to carry.This makes it even more convenient.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Ryobi-RYi1000 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|54 cc Ryobi OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x 120V 15A (5-15R)
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|19.8 x 12 x 19.4 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Oil and funnel
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
Originally located in Japan, Ryobi Limited is a firm that has mostly specialized on electrical and automotive components during the course of its existence.However, their relatively new power tool division has gained popularity for the high caliber and dependability of its goods, which can now be found on the shelves of well-known merchants all over the world.The majority of the world’s production locations for Ryobi goods are the US, Germany, Japan, and China.
There is a warranty on the Ryobi RYi1000 for up to 3 years.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Ryobi’s warranty policies can tell you more about how long their generators are covered.You can also call their customer service line at 1-800-525-2579.