- Wattage (Gas): 3,750 W / 3,250 W
- THD: < 20%
- Noise Level: Unspecified
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run [email protected] 25% load: Unspecified
- Run [email protected] 50% load: 9.7 h
- Weight: 110 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The gasoline-powered Generac OHV 4-stroke 208 cc engine in the Generac GP3250 can put out 120/240V. It has a running power of 3,250W and a maximum power of 3,750W. The generator has a pull-start mechanism that is common. With a full tank, the GP3250 can run for about 9.7 hours at 0.5 load on its 3.5-gallon fuel tank (fuel consumption is approximately 0.36 GPH). Since the GP3250 has a THD of about 20%, it is best not to use it to power electronics that are sensitive to noise.
The control panel has 3 AC outlets: a duplex 120V 20A (5-20R) outlet, a 120/240V 20A (L14-20R) outlet, and a 120V/240V 20A (L5-20R) outlet.
A built-in fuel gauge makes it simple, quick, and convenient to check the generator’s fuel level.The automatic low oil shut-off and overload protection (circuit breaker) on the generator provide you with security and peace of mind when using it.Along with the aforementioned characteristics, the Generac GP3250’s package comes with the usual paperwork and an owner’s manual, which will assist you in quickly starting your generator.
The Generac GP3250 is a standard, open-frame generator with dimensions of L22.75 x W22 x H21 in, This gives the generator stability and lets it be raised above ground level.The generator is built to work well outside and in rough places.Even though the generator is technically considered to “be portable,” it will be very hard to move it by hand because it weighs 110 pounds (in the sense that it is movable).Still, because of its wheel kit (dia:8 “Once the generator is on the ground, it is easy to move thanks to its wheels and folding handle, which make up for its lack of maneuverability.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Generac-5982-GP3250 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|Fuel efficiency||0.231 gal/kWh|
|Engine||208 cc Generac OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120/240V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,250 W||n/a|
|Starting watts||3,750 W||n/a|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||27.1/13.5 amps||n/a|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||31.3/15.6 amps||n/a|
|Run time @50% load||9.7 h||n/a|
|Run time @25% load||Unspecified||n/a|
|Automatic Voltage Regulator||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R); 1x 120/240V 20A (L14-20R)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 3.5 gal|
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)||22.75 x 22 x 21 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||Unspecified|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Wheel kit|
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
Founded in 1959, Generac Power Systems is an American manufacturer of power tools and generators.Generac’s primary business is, as its name implies, the manufacture of power generators as well as other electrically related products like switches, paralleling systems, and tiny engines.The corporation has multiple US-based production facilities, thus its goods are produced there.The company, however, doesn’t disclose where the components they use were made.
The warranty for the Generac GP3250 lasts for up to 2 years.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Generac’s warranty policies can tell you more about how long generators are covered by warranty.You can also call their customer service line at 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).