- Wattage (Gas): 2,200 W / 1,800 W
- THD: < 3%
- Noise Level: 48 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: 8.1 h
- Run Time@ 50% load: Unspecified
- Weight: 47.4 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Honda EB2200i is made with a 121 cc Honda GXR120 4-stroke engine that runs on gasoline. It has a 120V output and a running power of 1,800W and a peak power of 2,200W. The inverter generator is on our list of the 10 quietest portable generators because it only makes 48 dBA, which is less noise than a library. It also has a traditional pull-start mechanism. Due to its 0.95-gallon fuel tank, the EB2200i can run for up to 8.1 hours on a full tank (using about 0.12 GPH of fuel). The EB2200i makes a clean sine wave with a Total Harmonic Distortion of less than 3%, so it’s safe to plug sensitive electronics into AC outlets (THD).
The full GFCI control panel has the following two AC outlets: duplex 120V 20A (5-20R).
The lights will let you know when the generator is ready, when the oil level is too low, and when the generator is too busy.As for safety features, the device has an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off (Oil Alert®), so you can use it without worrying.Aside from the features we’ve already talked about, the Honda EB2200i also comes with the basic paperwork and an owner’s manual, so you can start using it right away.
Since the Honda EB2200i is an inverter generator, its closed frame (L20 x W11.4 x H16.7 in) makes it look better than traditional devices with open frames.The design fits with what’s popular now and is perfect for generating power for fun.The EB2200i is a lightweight portable generator because it only weighs 47.4 pounds.A single person should be able to move it around easily and get power wherever they go.The handle built into the case makes it even easier to carry.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Honda-EB2200i compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|121 cc Honda GXR120 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|Low oil, overload and output ready
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|20 x 11.4 x 16.7 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|EPA, ANSI/PGMA G300-2018
|Low oil and overload protection, CO monitoring
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
The Japanese Honda Motor Company, founded in 1948, has built a reputation for regularly delivering high-quality engines, motorized vehicles, and equipment.The business has built a solid name over the years in the power tool, motorbike, and vehicle industries.Since 1953, Honda’s power tool division has been manufacturing various power tools, such as tillers, mowers, blowers, sprayers, and of course, generators.Honda is still regarded as a legend among generator manufacturers even after the firm went worldwide and shifted the majority of its production from Japan to other Asian nations.
There is a warranty on the Honda EB2200i for up to 3 years.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Honda’s warranty policies can tell you more about how long the warranty on a Honda generator lasts.You can also call their customer service line at 1-770-497-6400.