- Wattage (Gas): 4,375 W / 3,500 W
- THD: Unspecified
- Noise Level: Unspecified
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: Yes
- Run Time@ 25% load: Unspecified
- Run Time@ 50% load: 12.2 h
- Weight: 108 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Powermate CX3500 is made with a 208 cc Powermate OHV 4-stroke engine that runs on gasoline. It has a 120V output and a running power of 3,500W and a peak power of 4,375W. It has a pull-start mechanism, which is a common way to start a motor. With 4.5 gallons of fuel, the CX3500 can run for about 12.2 hours at 0.5 load if the tank is full (fuel consumption is approximately 0.37 GPH).
On the control panel, there are 4 AC outlets for: Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R); 120V 30A (L5-30R) receptacle; 120V 30A (TT-30R) receptacle.This Powermate generator is RV ready because it has a TT-30R plug.TT stands for “Travel Trailer”.
The CX3500’s control panel has a handy meter that shows voltage, frequency, and lifetime hours so you can keep an eye on its status and activity.The generator has a built-in fuel gauge that makes it easy to see at a glance how much gas is in the tank.In terms of safety, the generator can be used without worry because it has an automatic shut-off for low oil and an overload protection (circuit breaker).The Powermate CX3500 comes with a funnel, tool kit, and oil, along with the basic paperwork and an owner’s manual that will help you start the generator right away.
The Powermate CX3500 has a traditional, open frame design with dimensions of L25.6 x W23.8 x H21.6 in, This gives the generator stability and lets it be raised above ground level.This type of design is great for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.Even though this generator is technically “portable” in the sense that it can be moved, it is very hard to move by hand because it weighs 108 pounds.Still, the generator is easy to move once it’s on the ground.This is because it has a wheel kit with 8-inch wheels and a folding handle, which is a good way to make up for its lack of maneuverability.
We could find any videos of the product at the time of writing. Please search YouTube for any update.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Powermate-PMC143500-CX3500 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|208 cc Powermate OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R); 1x 120V 30A (L5-30R); 1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|25.6 x 23.8 x 21.6 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Oil, funnel, tool kit, and wheel kit
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
While Powermate’s past is a little mysterious, they assert to have been selling portable generators and other outdoor power equipment for over 40 years.In 2009, they negotiated a contract for what they refer to as “collaboration,” but is actually ownership with the Italian company PRAMAC, which Generac later purchased from PRAMAC in 2014.
A warranty covers the Powermate CX3500 for up to 2 years.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Check out Powermate’s warranty policies if you want to know more about the warranty on Powermate generators.You can also call their customer service line at 1-800-445-1805.