- Wattage (Gas): 3,250 W / 2,500 W
- THD: Unspecified
- Noise Level: 68 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: Unspecified
- Run Time@ 50% load: 16 h
- Weight: 87 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The 208 cc (7 hp) Ducar OHV 4-stroke engine on the Pulsar PG3250 runs on gasoline and can put out 120V. It has a running power of 2,500W and a maximum power of 3,250W. The generator has a noise level of 68 dBA, which is less than a normal conversation. It is started with a pull-start mechanism. With a full tank, the PG3250 can run for about 16 hours at 0.5 load (using about 0.25 GPH of fuel). This is because it can hold 4 gallons of fuel.
On the control panel, there are two 120V 20A duplex outlets (5-20R).It also has 1 DC outlet with a 12V 8A output that makes it easy to charge batteries.
If the device doesn’t have enough oil, an indicator light will show.The generator has a built-in fuel gauge that makes it quick, easy, and convenient to check how much gas is in it.For safety, the generator has an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, so you can use it without worrying.In addition to the features we’ve already talked about, the Pulsar PG3250 comes with the usual paperwork and owner’s manual to get you started right away.
The standard, open frame design of the Pulsar PG3250, which is L23.6 x W17.5 x H17.9 in, gives the generator stability and lets it be raised above ground level.The design works well in rough places and for hard outdoor use.The PG3250’s dry weight of 87 pounds lets you take it anywhere you need to.The generator is also easier to move because it has an open frame, which makes it easy to grab and move.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Pulsar-PG3250 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|208 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|1x 12V 8A output
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|23.6 x 17.5 x 17.9 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
The California, USA-based Pulsar Products Inc.owns the trademark Pulsar.The company has a respectable selection of air compressors, pressure washers, and generators, which vary in power from 1,2 kW to 10 kW and come in dual fuel and RV-Ready models.The US is home to a number of Pulsar facilities, including two distribution centers, one in Illinois and one in California.However, it appears that Asia is where they outsource the production of their goods.
A warranty covers the Pulsar PG3250 for up to a year.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Pulsar generators come with a warranty that you can learn more about by calling Pulsar Customer Support at 1-866-591-8921.