- Wattage (Gas): 4,500 W / 3,600 W
- THD: < 20%
- Noise Level: 72 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: Yes
- Run [email protected] 25% load: Unspecified
- Run [email protected] 50% load: 10 h
- Weight: 113 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Ryobi RY903600 has a Ryobi OHV 4-stroke engine that is 212 cc. It runs on gasoline and has a running wattage of 3,600W and a peak wattage of 4,500W. It gives off 120V. The generator is 72 dBA loud, which is just a little louder than a dishwasher. It has Ryobi’s EasyStart pull-start system (more information below ). The RY903600 can run for about 10 hours at 0.5 load on a full tank and 4 gallons of fuel (fuel consumption is approximately 0.4 GPH). The RY903600 can’t be used to power sensitive electronics because its THD is quite high (20%).
On the control panel, there are 5 AC outlets for: Two 120V 20A (5-20R) and 120V 30A (TT-30R) duplex plugs.This Ryobi generator is ready for an RV because it has a TT-30R plug (TT stands for “Travel Trailer”).
As for safety features, the device has a circuit breaker for overheating and an automatic shut-off for low oil, so you can use it without worry.The Ryobi RY903600 comes with basic instructions and an owner’s manual to help you start the generator quickly.It also comes with a tool kit and oil, among other things.
The Ryobi RY903600 has a traditional, open frame that measures L24 x W26 x H20.5 in, This frame gives it support and lets it be lifted off the ground.This type of design is great for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.Even though the generator is technically considered to “be portable,” it will be very hard to move it by hand because it weighs 113 pounds (in the sense that it is movable).But this lack of maneuverability is made up for by its 9-inch wheel kit and folding handle, which make it easy to move once it’s on the ground.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Ryobi-RY903600 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|Fuel efficiency||0.201 gal/kWh|
|Engine||212 cc Ryobi OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||3,600 W||n/a|
|Starting watts||4,500 W||n/a|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||30 amps||n/a|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||37.5 amps||n/a|
|Run time @50% load||10 h||n/a|
|Run time @25% load||Unspecified||n/a|
|Automatic Voltage Regulator||Yes|
|AC outlets||2x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R); 1x 120V 30A (TT-30R)|
|Fuel tank||4 gal|
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)||24 x 26 x 20.5 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||72 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil, tool kit, and wheel kit|
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
Originally located in Japan, Ryobi Limited is a firm that has mostly specialized on electrical and automotive components during the course of its existence.However, their relatively new power tool division has gained popularity for the high caliber and dependability of its goods, which can now be found on the shelves of well-known merchants all over the world.The majority of the world’s production locations for Ryobi goods are the US, Germany, Japan, and China.
There is a warranty on the Ryobi RY903600 for up to 3 years.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Ryobi’s warranty policies can tell you more about how long their generators are covered.You can also call their customer service line at 1-800-525-2579.