- Wattage (Gas): 1,500 W / 1,200 W
- THD: < 20%
- Noise Level: 65 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run [email protected] 25% load: Unspecified
- Run [email protected] 50% load: 10 h
- Weight: 58 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Champion 200915 has a 79cc OHV 4-stroke engine that runs on gasoline and can put out 120V. It has a running power of 1,200W and a maximum power of 1,500W. The noise level of the generator is 65 dBA, which is just a little louder than background music. It is started with a simple pull-start mechanism. With a full tank, the 200915 can run for about 10 hours at 0.5 load, which is about 0.15 GPH (gallon per hour), because it can hold 1.5 gallons of fuel. Since the 200915 has a THD of about 20%, it is best not to use it to power devices that are sensitive to noise.
The control panel has the following two AC outlets: duplex 120V 20A (5-20R).
The 200915’s control panel has an Intelligauge meter that shows voltage, frequency, and lifetime hours.This makes it easier to keep track of its status and activity.The generator has a built-in fuel gauge that makes it quick, easy, and convenient to check how much gas is in it.For safety, the generator has an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), so you can use it without worrying.Along with the basic paperwork and an owner’s manual that will help you get the generator going right away, the Champion 200915 comes with a funnel and oil.
With dimensions of L18.1 x W14.1 x H16.9 in, the Champion 200915 is a traditional, open-frame generator that is stable and can be raised above ground level.This type of design is great for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.Since the 200915 weighs only 58 pounds, you can take it anywhere you need power.The generator is also easier to pick up and move around because its frame is open.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Champion-200915 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|Fuel efficiency||0.096 gal/kWh|
|Engine||79 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz|
|Running watts||1,200 W||n/a|
|Starting watts||1,500 W||n/a|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||10 amps||n/a|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||12.5 amps||n/a|
|Run time @50% load||10 h||n/a|
|Run time @25% load||Unspecified||n/a|
|Automatic Voltage Regulator||Yes|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|Fuel tank||Steel, 1.5 gal|
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)||18.1 x 14.1 x 16.9 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||65 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Oil and funnel|
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
A US-based producer of power equipment, Champion Power Equipment was established in 2003.The comparatively tiny business has established a name for itself in the portable generator market as well as the larger power equipment market, with a concentration on heavy duty machinery like log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc.Their whole product line is American-engineered.The corporation does not, however, disclose the country of origin of its parts.
There is a warranty on the Champion 200915 for up to 3 years.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Champion’s warranty policies can tell you more about how long the warranty on a Champion generator lasts.You can also call their customer service line at 1-877-338-0999.