- Wattage (Gas): 1,000 W / 900 W
- THD: Unspecified
- Noise Level: 65 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: Unspecified
- Run Time@ 50% load: 5 h
- Weight: 38 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Sportsman GEN1000 has a 2-stroke engine that is 72 cc and makes 2 hp. It has a 120V output, runs on gas, and has a running wattage of 900W and a peak wattage of 1,000W. The noise level of the generator is 65 dBA, which is just a little louder than an office. The generator is started with a pull-start mechanism. With a full tank, the GEN1000 can run for about 5 hours at 0.5 load on its 0.8 gallon fuel tank (fuel consumption is approximately 0.16 GPH).
The control panel has the following AC outlet: 120V 20A (5-20R) receptacle.
For safety, the generator has an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, so you can use it without worrying.In addition to the usual paperwork and owner’s manual to help you get started right away, Sportsman also put a tool kit in the box with the GEN1000.
The Sportsman GEN1000 has a typical open frame that is 14 inches long, 12 inches wide, and 12 inches high.This gives it support and stability and gives you the option of raising it off the ground.This type of design is great for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.The GEN1000 is a portable generator that weighs only 38 pounds.The device is easy for one person to move, so its power can be used while on the go.It’s also helpful that it has a handle, which makes it easy to carry around.On our list of the 10 smallest portable generators, this one comes in at number two.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Sportsman-GEN1000 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|72 cc 2-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x 120V 20A (5-20R)
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|14 x 12 x 12 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
The US-based Buffalo firm is the registered owner of the minor brand known as Sportsman Series.The Buffalo Corporation is a small business that distributes tools and household goods.It was established in 1964.They provide products under the labels AmeriHome, Black Bull, Buffalo Tools, and Sportsman Series, which includes a variety of generators and other everyday items.The company, in fact, appears to outsource all of its production to foreign countries and simply serves as a distributor for its own brands.
A warranty covers the Sportsman GEN1000 for up to a year.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Contact Buffalo Tools Customer Support at 1-636-532-9888 for more information about Sportsman generator warranties.