- Wattage (Gas): 2,500 W / 1,850 W
- THD: < 3%
- Noise Level: 53 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: 11.5 h
- Run Time@ 50% load: Unspecified
- Weight: 39 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Champion 200950 is made with a 79 cc OHV 4-stroke engine that runs on gasoline. It has a 120V output and a running power of 1,850W and a peak power of 2,500W. Also, since it can work in parallel (ParaLINK is not included), this power can be doubled by connecting it to another unit that works with it. The inverter generator has a noise level of 53 dBA, which is just a little louder than a quiet suburb. It is started with a pull-start mechanism. The 200950 can run for up to 11.5 hours on a full tank. It uses about 0.1 GPH of fuel per hour, so it can run for that long. You can safely plug sensitive electronics into the AC outlets because the 200950 makes a clean sine wave with a Total Harmonic Distortion of less than 3%. (THD).
The control panel has two AC outlets for the following: Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R).It also has 2 DC outlets and two 5V USB ports, which make it easy to charge devices like cell phones and tablets.
The low oil level light will let you know when the oil level is too low.For safety, the generator has an overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automatic low oil shut-off, so you can use it without worrying.The Champion 200950 comes with the usual paperwork and an owner’s manual , so you can start using it right away.It also comes with a funnel and oil.
The Champion 200950’s unique encased inverter generator design (L17.3 x W11.5 x H17.7 in) makes it look better than any other open-frame product.The goal of this modern design is to give recreational users the best way to get power.The 200950 is a portable generator that is light and weighs only 39 lbs.A single person should be able to move it around easily and get power wherever they go.The handle, which is built into the case, is also helpful because it makes it easy to carry.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Champion-200950 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|Yes, cable not included
|79 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 5V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|2x 5V USB port
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|17.3 x 11.5 x 17.7 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Oil and funnel
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
A US-based producer of power equipment, Champion Power Equipment was established in 2003.The comparatively tiny business has established a name for itself in the portable generator market as well as the larger power equipment market, with a concentration on heavy duty machinery like log cutters, snow blowers, chipper shredders, etc.Their whole product line is American-engineered.The corporation does not, however, disclose the country of origin of its parts.
There is a warranty on the Champion 200950 for up to 3 years.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Champion’s warranty policies can tell you more about how long the warranty on a Champion generator lasts.You can also call their customer service line at 1-877-338-0999.