- Wattage (Gas): 1,200 W / 850 W
- THD: Unspecified
- Noise Level: 65 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: Unspecified
- Run Time@ 50% load: 8.5 h
- Weight: 37.5 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Pulsar PG1202S has a 72 cc (2.2 hp) Ducar 2-stroke engine that runs on gasoline and puts out 120V with 850W of running power and 1,200W of peak power. The generator can make up to 65 dBA of noise (a little louder than background music). It uses a simple, traditional pull-start mechanism to get going. With a full tank, the PG1202S can run for about 8.5 hours at 0.5 load (using about 0.13 GPH of fuel). This is because it has a 1.1 gallon fuel tank.
The control panel has the following two AC outlets: Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R).It also has 1 DC outlet: a 12V 8A receptacle that makes it easy to charge batteries.
The light indicator will let you know when the generator is ready to go.From a safety standpoint, the generator has an overload protection (circuit breaker) that lets you use it without worrying.The Pulsar PG1202S comes with standard documentation and an owner’s manual to get you started right away.It also comes with a tool kit and battery charging cables.
The Pulsar PG1202S is L14.6 in x W12.4 in x H12.4 in, and it has a typical open frame design that makes it stable and lets the generator be lifted off the ground.The device was made to work well in harsh conditions and in the great outdoors.The PG1202S is a portable generator that weighs only 37.5 lbs.The generator is easy for one person to move, so it can be used anywhere.It’s easy to carry because it has a handle, which makes it even more useful.On our list of the 10 smallest portable generators, this one comes in third.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Pulsar-PG1202S compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|72 cc Ducar 2-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|1x 12V 8A receptacle
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|14.6 x 12.4 x 12.4 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Tool kit and battery charging cables
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
The California, USA-based Pulsar Products Inc.owns the trademark Pulsar.The company has a respectable selection of air compressors, pressure washers, and generators, which vary in power from 1,2 kW to 10 kW and come in dual fuel and RV-Ready models.The US is home to a number of Pulsar facilities, including two distribution centers, one in Illinois and one in California.However, it appears that Asia is where they outsource the production of their goods.
A warranty covers the Pulsar PG1202S for up to a year.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Pulsar generators come with a warranty that you can learn more about by calling Pulsar Customer Support at 1-866-591-8921.