- Wattage (Gas): 2,000 W / 1,400 W
- THD: Unspecified
- Noise Level: 68 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: Unspecified
- Run Time@ 50% load: 11 h
- Weight: 53 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The gasoline-powered OHV 4-stroke 94 cc engine is the heart of the Sportsman GEN2000-SS. It has a 120V output and a running power of 1,400W and a peak power of 2,000W. The noise level of the generator is 68 dBA, which is less than a normal conversation. It has a traditional pull-start mechanism. With a full tank, the GEN2000-SS can run for about 11 hours at 0.5 load (using about 0.14 GPH of fuel). This is because it has a 1.5 gallon fuel tank.
The control panel has the following two AC outlets: Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R).It also has 1 DC outlet, which is a 12V 8A receptacle that makes it easy to charge your batteries.
In terms of safety, the generator can be used without worry because it has a circuit breaker for overheating and an automatic shut-off when the oil level gets too low.The Sportsman GEN2000-SS comes with the usual paperwork and an owner’s manual , which lets you start it right away.It also comes with a tool kit, battery charging cables, and a funnel.
The Sportsman GEN2000-SS is 18 inches long, 16 inches wide, and 14.8 inches high.Together with its traditional, open-frame design, they support the generator and allow it to be raised above the ground.The design shown is great for the outdoors and other rough places.The GEN2000-SS’s dry weight of 53 pounds lets you use it anywhere you need.The generator is also easier to move because it has an open frame, which makes it easy to grab and move.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Sportsman-GEN2000-SS compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|94 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|1x 12V 8A receptacle
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|18 x 16 x 14.8 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
|Funnel, tool kit, and battery charging cables
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
The US-based Buffalo firm is the registered owner of the minor brand known as Sportsman Series.The Buffalo Corporation is a small business that distributes tools and household goods.It was established in 1964.They provide products under the labels AmeriHome, Black Bull, Buffalo Tools, and Sportsman Series, which includes a variety of generators and other everyday items.The company, in fact, appears to outsource all of its production to foreign countries and simply serves as a distributor for its own brands.
A warranty covers the Sportsman GEN2000-SS for up to a year.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Contact Buffalo Tools Customer Support at 1-636-532-9888 for more information about Sportsman generator warranties.