- Wattage (Gas): 2,000 W / 1,400 W
- THD: Unspecified
- Noise Level: 68 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: Unspecified
- Run Time@ 50% load: 9 h
- Weight: 53 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Sportsman GEN2000 is made with an OHV 4-stroke engine that is 94 cc (3.5 hp) and runs on gasoline. It has a 120V output and a running power of 1,400W and a peak power of 2,000W. This generator has a noise level of 68 dBA, which is less than an office. It starts up with a traditional pull-start mechanism. The GEN2000 can run for about 9 hours at 0.5 load on a full tank of 1.2 gallons of gas (fuel consumption is approximately 0.13 GPH).
The control panel has the following two AC outlets: duplex 120V 20A (5-20R).It also has one DC outlet: a 12V 8A receptacle that makes it easy to charge batteries.
From a safety point of view, the product has a circuit breaker for overload protection and an automatic shut-off for low oil, so you can use it without worry.In addition to the usual paperwork and owner’s manual to help you get started right away, Sportsman also put a tool kit in the box with the GEN2000.
The Sportsman GEN2000 is 18.5 inches long, 16 inches wide, and 14.8 inches high.It has a typical open frame design that makes it stable and allows it to be raised above ground level.The design shown is great for the outdoors and other rough places.With a dry weight of 53 lbs, the GEN2000’s power can be used anywhere.The generator is also easier to pick up and move around because its frame is open.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Sportsman-GEN2000 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|94 cc OHV 4-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|1x 12V 8A receptacle
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|18.5 x 16 x 14.8 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Low oil and overload protection
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
The US-based Buffalo firm is the registered owner of the minor brand known as Sportsman Series.The Buffalo Corporation is a small business that distributes tools and household goods.It was established in 1964.They provide products under the labels AmeriHome, Black Bull, Buffalo Tools, and Sportsman Series, which includes a variety of generators and other everyday items.The company, in fact, appears to outsource all of its production to foreign countries and simply serves as a distributor for its own brands.
A warranty covers the Sportsman GEN2000 for up to a year.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Contact Buffalo Tools Customer Support at 1-636-532-9888 for more information about Sportsman generator warranties.