- Wattage (Gas): 2,000 W / 1,400 W
- THD: Unspecified
- Noise Level: 68 dBA
- Fuel Type: Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)
- RV Ready: No
- Run [email protected] 25% load: Unspecified
- Run [email protected] 50% load: 9 h
- Weight: 53 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The Sportsman GEN2000DF has 120V and a lot of power and versatility thanks to its dual-fuel technology. When powered by gasoline, it has a running wattage of 1,400W and a peak wattage of 2,000W. When run on propane, it has a rated power of 1200 watts and a peak power of 1800 watts. This generator has a noise level of 68 dBA, which is less than a normal conversation. It starts up with a simple pull-start mechanism. With its 1.2 gallon fuel tank, the GEN2000DF can run for about 9 hours at 0.5 load with a full tank of gas (fuel consumption is approximately 0.13 GPH). It can run for about 12 hours if propane is used (on a 20 lbs tank – propane consumption around 0.39 GPH).
On the control panel, there are two 120V 20A duplex outlets (5-20R).It also has 1 DC outlet, which is a 12V 8A receptacle that makes it easy to charge your batteries.
For safety, the generator has an automatic low oil shut-off and an overload protection (circuit breaker), so you can use it without worrying.Along with basic paperwork and an owner’s manual that will help you start the generator right away, the Sportsman GEN2000DF comes with a tool kit, a propane hose, and charging cables for the battery.
The Sportsman GEN2000DF is 18.5 inches long, 16 inches wide, and 14.8 inches high.It has a typical open frame design that makes it stable and allows it to be raised above ground level.The design shown is great for the outdoors and other rough places.The GEN2000DF’s dry weight of 53 pounds lets you take it anywhere you need to.Also, the generator’s open frame makes it easier to hold and move from one place to another.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Sportsman-GEN2000DF compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|Fuel efficiency||0.147 gal/kWh|
|Fuel||Dual Fuel (gasoline/propane)|
|Engine||94 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Voltage||AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V|
|Running watts||1,400 W||1,200 W|
|Starting watts||2,000 W||1,800 W|
|Running amps (@120/240V)||11.7 amps||10 amps|
|Peak amps (@120/240V)||16.7 amps||15 amps|
|Run time @50% load||9 h||12 h|
|Run time @25% load||Unspecified||Unspecified|
|Automatic Voltage Regulator||No|
|AC outlets||1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)|
|DC outlets||1x 12V 8A receptacle|
|Fuel tank||1.2 gal|
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)||18.5 x 16 x 14.8 in|
|Noise (lower limit)||68 dBA|
|Security||Low oil and overload protection|
|Accessories included||Tool kit, propane hose, and battery charging cables|
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
The US-based Buffalo firm is the registered owner of the minor brand known as Sportsman Series.The Buffalo Corporation is a small business that distributes tools and household goods.It was established in 1964.They provide products under the labels AmeriHome, Black Bull, Buffalo Tools, and Sportsman Series, which includes a variety of generators and other everyday items.The company, in fact, appears to outsource all of its production to foreign countries and simply serves as a distributor for its own brands.
A warranty covers the Sportsman GEN2000DF for up to a year.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Contact Buffalo Tools Customer Support at 1-636-532-9888 for more information about Sportsman generator warranties.