- Wattage (Gas): 1,500 W / 900 W
- THD: Unspecified
- Noise Level: 65 dBA
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- RV Ready: No
- Run Time@ 25% load: Unspecified
- Run Time@ 50% load: 8 h
- Weight: 45 lbs
Table Of Contents
We are proud of our independence and have no ties to manufacturers. To maintain our objectivity, we do not accept free products. Our income is generated by advertising fees paid by retailers for qualifying purchases.
The 2-stroke, 72-cc, 2-hp engine of the Sportsman GENMAX1500 runs on gasoline and can put out 120V. It has a running power of 900W and a maximum power of 1,500W. The generator has a pull-start mechanism that is common. It can make up to 65 dBA of noise (a little louder than background music). With a full tank, the GENMAX1500 can run for about 8 hours at 0.5 load for every gallon of fuel it holds (fuel consumption is approximately 0.13 GPH).
On the control panel, there are two 120V 20A duplex outlets (5-20R).It also has 1 DC outlet: a 12V 8A receptacle that makes it easy to charge batteries.
From a safety standpoint, the generator has an overload protection (circuit breaker) that lets you use it without worrying.The Sportsman GENMAX1500 comes with the usual paperwork and an owner’s manual , which lets you start it right away.It also comes with a tool kit and charging cables for the battery.
The Sportsman GENMAX1500 is 16 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 16 inches tall.It has a typical open frame design that makes it stable and allows it to be raised off the ground.This type of design is great for tough environments and heavy outdoor use.The GENMAX1500 is a portable lightweight generator because it only weighs 45 lbs.A single person should be able to move it around easily and get power wherever they go.
The following charts show how some of the most important features of the Sportsman-GENMAX1500 compare to other generators with the same power output.
**Fuel efficiency is give in relative percentage, 0 being the lowest and 1 being the highest value. Please see below specification table for actual value.
|72 cc 2-stroke
|AC: 120V 60 Hz, DC: 12V
|Running amps (@120/240V)
|Peak amps (@120/240V)
|Run time @50% load
|Run time @25% load
|Automatic Voltage Regulator
|1x Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
|1x 12V 8A receptacle
|Approx. dimen. (L x W x H)
|16 x 14 x 16 in
|Noise (lower limit)
|Tool kit and battery charging cables
- We compared more than 500 portable generators at 50% load. We found that there is “skewed right” distribution for the difference between 50% load and 25% load and the median comes at 1.43. With this number we converter all the 25% load runtime to 50% load. Same with the propane efficiency, where median is 1.38.
- For some generators where propane runtime was not given, we used NIST 1994 GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent) formula: 5.66 lbs. of propane = 1 gal of gasoline. All propane runtime is for 20 lbs. propane tank (4.7 gallons).
- Unlike many other sites, we actually tried to find out information about each of the above requirements. However, we are human and are therefore capable of the odd oversight or mistake. Please let us know if you spot any missing or erroneous values so that we can fix them.
About the Manufacturer
The US-based Buffalo firm is the registered owner of the minor brand known as Sportsman Series.The Buffalo Corporation is a small business that distributes tools and household goods.It was established in 1964.They provide products under the labels AmeriHome, Black Bull, Buffalo Tools, and Sportsman Series, which includes a variety of generators and other everyday items.The company, in fact, appears to outsource all of its production to foreign countries and simply serves as a distributor for its own brands.
A warranty covers the Sportsman GENMAX1500 for up to a year.This warranty may not cover all parts of the generator or may only cover certain parts.Contact Buffalo Tools Customer Support at 1-636-532-9888 for more information about Sportsman generator warranties.